What is soCash?
SOCASH is your digital ATM. It is the smarter and more convenient choice than queuing up at an ATM. Our mobile app you to withdraw cash from any participating shops in your neighborhood. With soCash, cash is just around the corner. For more details, please visit www.socash.io or https://youtu.be/QkVZHLSwrwo. If there is a technical problem that you need help with, contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (24 hrs)
- WhatsApp: +65-91887868 (9.00 am to 9.00 pm)
How does soCash work?
To get started right away, download and signup on soCash app from Google Play or Apple store. Select a withdrawal amount and the app will list down the nearest cashpoints in your vicinity. Once you have confirmed the cashpoint, you can proceed to scan and collect your cash using your device.
- How do I download soCash app?
The app is available in Google Play and Apple store. Search for ‘SOCASH’ and follow the instructions. Once downloaded, follow the below steps:
- Signup and setup your profile.
- Enjoy safer and more convenient cash withdrawal!
- Enjoy ongoing promotions
- How do I withdraw Cash from my bank account?
The process happens in 3 steps and is similar to buying an item from an e-commerce site and collecting it. It’s just that you are collecting cash instead of buying goods and services.
- Order Cash – Select the amount, choose your preferred cashpoint and select ‘Confirm Cashpoint’.
- Make the payment – Select your bank and follow the instructions to make payment digitally.
- Collect Cash – Proceed to the cashpoint and scan the QR code and count the cash collected.
- You will receive an email transaction receipt on completion of the transaction.
- How is money deducted from my bank account?
The money is deducted from your bank only after you authorize the payment. soCash app is connected directly to bank platforms via secure API’s that enabled instant digital payments. When the bank prompts you to provide authorization to make the payment, you need to put your credentials (User ID, Password, PIN, One-time password).
- How do I download soCash app?
What are the type of payment preferences that I can have? Does soCash support payment before reaching the cashier?
SoCash supports two payment types- PayFirst and PayLater:
Users are able to make a payment before arriving at the cashpoint and cash will be dispensed after scanning the QR code at the counter. Advantage: faster cash withdrawal. Currently available only at 7-Eleven outlets. This will be extended to other outlets soon.
Users will need to make a payment after QR /bar code scan at the cashpoint.
Where do I look for the ongoing promos?
For details about the ongoing promos please check here.
Where can I look for the T&C of the ongoing promotions?
Refer to the full T&C here check here.
What is FreeCash and how does it work?
FreeCash is basically free money! It is to reward soCash users for:
- Sign up
- Completing transactions at participating cashpoints (promo available during specific period and selected outlets)
- Refer a friend to use soCash
System applies FreeCash during withdrawal if user does not breach the FreeCash T&C. Example: user requested for $50 withdrawal and has an active $5 FreeCash earned after signup. User will receive $50 in cash from the cashier but only $45 will be deducted from his bank account.
I have a problem, what do I do?
- I am unable to make a payment.
There could be intermittent failures specially around mid-night and early mornings when banks run their system maintenance processes. Usually trying after 10-15 mins ensures that the transactions work. Our payment options are managed by the banks participating in the network. If you are unable to complete payment, the best way to resolve it would be to reach out to the bank’s dedicated helpdesk. You could give us a heads up at email@example.com.
- I could not get the cash because the shop was closed.
- PayFirst transaction (when you paid before going to down to collect the cash) In the rare event that the cashpoint is closed when you arrive, you may cancel the transaction and request a refund.
- PayLater transaction (when you make payment after QR scan) In the rare event that the cashpoint is closed when you arrive, you may cancel the transaction. As your account was not debited, no refund is expected here.
- The amount that I received is less than what I ordered via soCash
It is expected that you count the cash received from the cashier and highlight if there is a shortfall at the shop counter. If the transaction has been completed but you suspect that you have received less than amount the amount requested, you can raise a dispute with us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours. We will investigate with the shop and get back to you within 3 business days.
- I received a fake currency note.
If you suspect that you have received a fake currency note from a participating cashpoint, you are required to lodge a police complaint immediately and deposit the currency note for their investigation at a police station. Please email us at email@example.com with the transaction details and a scan copy of the police complaint. On completion of police investigation, if it is proven that the currency note is fake, we will be refund the amount equivalent to your bank account/ wallet.
- My FreeCash is missing.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 9188 7868 for assistance. Do state your registered e-mail with soCash to aid us in our investigation. We will check and revert back to you within 3 working days.
- I did not receive my promo codes like OFO or Grab codes
These codes are sent only to qualifiers via SMS. Please make sure that you have updated a valid mobile number on your profile. Contact us at email@example.com or +65 9188 7868 for assistance. We will check and revert back to you within 3 working days.
- I cancelled my transaction for which my account was already
debited, how do I get a refund?
- Submit a refund request from app if you paid via DBS/POSB option or it was a PayLah! transaction with amount above $100.
- If you did not receive a refund after 1 business day (Mon-Fri), contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 9188 7868.
- Auto refund (applicable to 7-Eleven only); an in-app feature for users to request an immediate refund for PayLah! transactions for up to $100.
Note - The refund may take up to 3 working days in extreme cases where soCash is doing a joint investigation with the cashpoint partners.
- I am unable to make a payment.
What are the security features of soCash?
soCash app eliminates the use of debit/ATM card and the pin on an ATM machine. Instead the transaction is performed on your mobile device and the authentication is handled by the bank, which is as secure as a mobile banking transaction of your bank. In addition, the actual exchange of cash and the transaction happens at a location that is chosen by you and at a shop that you are probably familiar.
- I value my privacy and security. Does soCash store my bank account
information (accounts, card numbers, user id, password, one time passwords)?
Rest assured that we will never ask you to share your bank information unless it is needed for refund purposes (only for non DBS PayLah! transaction).
The authentication process happens on the bank platform and we neither have the visibility nor the need to store your bank credentials. We do not store your bank user credentials on our platform.
- I value my privacy and security. Does soCash store my bank account information (accounts, card numbers, user id, password, one time passwords)?
What is the soCash Guarantee?
The moment you become an soCash customer, you’ll be automatically covered by this guarantee. In the unlikely event that you are a victim of fraudulent transaction at our cashpoints, we will repay the money taken from your account, subject to our investigation based on available evidence.
- The replacement of your money is limited to the amount lost in the fraud and will not exceed the transaction amount.
- This guarantee does not cover any other losses, including indirect, consequential or special losses, damages, expenses, legal fees or loss of opportunity.
- The guarantee will not apply where the transaction was carried out with your knowledge and consent (including social engineering and phishing), or where you have acted fraudulently, dishonestly or in a criminal manner, alone or with other.
- Investigations will begin the moment you inform us that your account has been compromised, and we will get back to you within seven working days.